Compare Gerber data files
- To identify changes made on Gerber data comparing with the
original created Gerber data,
- for verification purpose and or documentation, the View
"Color mode" can be used to even find the smallest
- change in seconds.
- Load the two Gerber data file from one of the layers from
the board by; File load [F3] or
- drag & drop the files into the Viewplot icon.
- Next switch to the Viewable objects. View Viewable
objects or [Ctrl A]
- Switch the Color mode from "Normal" to "MERGEPEN" and
OK to merge the data from both layers,
- The merged data will be displayed in a Merge color based on
the two original colors from the layers.
- Data that isn't equal on both layer will remain in there
- By panning and zooming the board can be quickly inspected.
- The Purple colored data is equal on both layers, the original
color is used when information isn't equal.
- Changes can be found by Panning and Zooming. z,Z Ctrl+LMB
- Switch the Color mode from "Normal" to "NOT" and OK
to ignore the common data from both layers,
- Only the data that isn't equal on both layers will be
displayed in White.
- Even the smallest change between the data can now be found.
- Zoom in to the specific area with the zoom commands z,Z or
- Switch to the "MERGEPEN" or normal color mode to identify what is changed in more detail.